Sunday, November 2, 2008

A True Tragedy

By now, everyone is probably familiar with the Jennifer Hudson family tragedy. The former American Idol runner up recieved a phone call from her sister while on set shooting a film, to find out that her mother and her brother had been fatally wounded, and her nephew was missing. She would discover that her nephew was killed three days later.
This term im taking religious persons and traditions. Every since I enrolled into this course, it has open my eyes to see the true evil that goes on in our world. By no means was i ever blind to the issue, but now I look at situations like the Hudson tragedy and begin to realize what type of trouble we are in with senseless violence.
In religous class, we learned about the Parliament of World Religions, A conference that took place in Chicago of 1993 in order to define religions role in decreasing world violence. At the conferece, over 67 representatives from different countries and religions came up with four unequivocal committments that religion can increase the peace. The first suggestion promotes Non Violence and Respect for Human Life, something that we sincerely disregard
The first thing that popped into my mind when I first learned about the Hudson situation was "How could someone have such a low regard for the life of another human being." I was disgusted to say the least. I turn on the news everyday and read about many of the sick things that people do, but this by far struck me differently. Thinking about the state that Jennifer Hudson could be in almost brought me to tears. Losing her mother, which whom she was very close with, and her beloved brother and nephew.
One can only think is there anything that can be done to stop the senseless violence. Is there anything that can be done that will reach enough people and help them decide they wanna make a difference. I sure hope so, because the world we're living in has a lot of problems, and it is only getting worse.

No comments: