Wednesday, November 5, 2008

When The 44th Became The 1st

On November 4th 2008, Barack Obama was elected to be the 44th president of the United States; He also became the first African American to claim the position.
Im blogging about the monumental presidential nomination a day late because I truly could not fathom what happened last night. And I was Celebrating.
It's truly difficult to put into the words what just happened last night. Many of my older family members were more than sure that would not live to see the day an African American would be president of the United States. We were fortunate enough to witnesss an event that will be in the history books, and there were no deaths, lies, or deceit involved, just the voice of the people. My first presidential election was a historical one.
So what does this mean for America? I think it means that Americans are ready for a change. Electing Barack Obama into office says that very clear. I think on a large scale we will see a United America, race will not be the cause of our division anymore. I think McCain would have brought a positive change in Washington, after all the nation can not go anywhere but up from where it is not (Hopefully). But the change Obama will bring will be on a worldwide scale. He will motivate many people and be an inspiration to children regardless of race. I believe that when people see Obama in office they will believe that anything is possible, for he is a personified version of overcoming anything. I think he will unite the African American Community and we will see a decrease in inner city violence. the possibilites are endless and Americans have spoken, out with the old and lets move in a different direction.

Signing off: A WITNESS !!

No comments: